for Small Business Owners
Facing retirement or death?
We'll help you plan for smooth business continuation with a
well-funded buy-sell agreement
Is a Buy-Sell Agreement Right for You? Ask yourself:
1. Are there other owners of your business?
2. Do you have a succession plan in place in case of death or retirement? Is it funded?
3. Has a business continuation plan been discussed with family members and key employees?
4. If one of your business partners dies, do you want to continue to do business with the deceased partner’s heirs?
5. Will your business partners look after your family’s financial needs?
6. Will there be enough cash to settle your estate expenses?
7. Will your family receive a fair price for your share of the business?
A Buy-Sell Agreement Provides:
An agreed upon price
A guaranteed buyer
Fixed estate tax value
Relief to family from burdens
There are Two Types of Buy-Sell Agreements:
Cross purchase- Other stockholders purchase the stock of the departing member
Stock redemption- The corporation purchases the stock of the departing member