for Small Business Owners
Facing retirement or death?
We'll help you plan for smooth business continuation with a
well-funded buy-sell agreement
Is a Buy-Sell Agreement Right for You? Ask yourself:
1. Are there other owners of your business?
2. Do you have a succession plan in place in case of death or retirement? Is it funded?
3. Has a business continuation plan been discussed with family members and key employees?
4. If one of your business partners dies, do you want to continue to do business with the deceased partner’s heirs?
5. Will your business partners look after your family’s financial needs?
6. Will there be enough cash to settle your estate expenses?
7. Will your family receive a fair price for your share of the business?
A Buy-Sell Agreement Provides:
An agreed upon price
A guaranteed buyer
Fixed estate tax value
Relief to family from burdens
There are Two Types of Buy-Sell Agreements:
Cross purchase- Other stockholders purchase the stock of the departing member
Stock redemption- The corporation purchases the stock of the departing member
Know your business values...
Asset sale value
Why get a valuation?
To secure financing
For proper credit and risk management
To sell a business for full market value
To make the most out of your business
You will need:
Two most recent business income tax returns
and other relevant figures (goodwill, intellectual property, etc.)
We partner with Ohio National Insurance Company and produce these reports via BizEquity
Can you afford to live life without a financial plan?
TODD MANN FINANCIAL SERVICES INC.
1840 5th St. Springfield, OR 97477.